Can You Really Love Jesus and Cheat on Your Spouse?
I’m just asking the question. Can you love Jesus and sleep with someone else? Sin is sin, and cheating on your spouse is right there with the rest of the sins. But marriage is a covenant and God gives pretty clear instructions on how men should treat their wives and vice versus. As you can see, I remain confused and emotionally a wreck. But that is what happens when a spouse cheats. It hurts, it causes pain, confusion, chaos, everything that God is not. So now we come to the aftermath of the cheating and what follows is all of the things my husband has come up with:
- Tearful apology (blah blah blah) – I really need to vomit. I have not been in the mood to consider that for one second he is hurting behind this. I am the one who sat up all night worrying about his sorry behind, while he did the unthinkable. Oh, no, that’s right, I forgot. He was sitting behind the wheel of his SUV asleep. My bad.
- Roses – Come the heck on, you have got to be kidding me. If I wasn’t so mad I would have laughed at that feeble attempt at an apology. I refused them, by the way. There are a couple of places where I told him he could put them (in a nice Christian woman kind of way of course).
- “I’m making all of the changes that you think I need to make and it will never happen again.” – Why it’s a little late for that one buddy. I have pleaded for a while now that he seemed to be off track spiritually.
- “If you were more secure in our marriage you would believe me.” – Now this is the one that should actually be grounds for a divorce. He is trying to make this all my fault. So there it is ladies, number one excuse for a sorry a## husband. If I was more secure, I would believe his lies. That is stooping pretty low. There was nothing wrong in our marriage until he started to change, which probably coincidentally coincides with the beginning of his affair. We have always been compatible, we used to do everything together, no sex issues, no communication issues, plenty of laughs, we run a business together……..(tear drop)
- “I can’t live without you in my life.” – Excuse me while I vomit again, I thought I heard Satan say something to me.
- “Please let’s pray together right now and ask for help from the Holy Spirit, don’t let the enemy defeat our marriage.” OK right now I have no desire to pray with him. I can pray for him because God says I have to. But pray with him? Nah, I am not there. I consider his prayer lies and I hate a phony Christian. By the way, maybe he should have been home praying the other night! Or is he, in fact, accusing Satan? Well, Satan surely had his grubby little hands in our marriage but it was my husband’s hands that Satan used destructively to feel up his jump-off the other night.
- “I’ll do anything you want, just don’t leave me.” – OK so what is he telling the jump-off? Is he telling her that he is home crying to his wife about not leaving him or is he promising her that they will be together “real soon?”
This is day number three of the confirmation of what I already knew, that my husband is having an affair. I am making preparations for the lives of me and my children. I asked an old boss for a job yesterday, she said she would find something for me in her company. I may not make as much working for her as I do working for the company that I helped this jerk build, but so what? It’s a start of my independence from him. I hate him still today. I have no one to talk to because guess who is/was my best friend? You got it! The cheating spouse!